Monday, July 06, 2009

Why I Own Cats

Scene: I set a sandwich down on the arm of the couch, wrapped in a paper towel.

K1 was sitting on the back of a nearby chair.

K2 was sitting by the patio door, looking out the screen.

As I walk out of the kitchen, I see K1 creeping over toward the sandwich, very slowly. I get closer, and K1 still doesn't notice. Finally she spots me and freaks out. K1 leaps over the back of the couch, directly at K2. K2, thinking she's under attack, freaks out, and goes tearing out of the room. K1 rushes head first into the screen door, then sits there in a daze.

For the next half hour, anytime the kitties see one another, they all have puffy tails and fur standing up on their backs, and they keep hissing and chasing one another around the room.

Classic.

No comments: