Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trivial

I can't pass this one up. I tried to pick my favorite movies and some less obvious quotes. That being said, number 12 and 13 are pretty easy, but classic. And I couldn't include any Lord of the Rings or Revenge of the Sith quotes, because they were far too easy.

The Rules:
A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Place the guesser's user ndirectly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor and/or character's name.

The Quotes:
1. "I wasn’t aware Nazi Camp got out til 8. What did you do, skip arts and crafts?"
"Yes, I did."
Dodgeball - Peter LaFleur (Vince Vaughn) - identified by Kristin. Although, you should mention the retort was by White Goodman (Ben Stiller). That's what really makes the quote.

2. "Enhance. Enhance. Enhance."
Supertroopers - Ramathorn (Jay Chandrasomething) - identified by Andy

3. "I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."
Serenity - the Operative (Chiwetel Ejiofor) - identified by Andy

4. "It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it."
Matrix: Reloaded - the Merovingian (Lambert Wilson) - identified by Tortceaser

5. "A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up; but if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely."
Batman Begins - Ducard (Liam Neeson) - identified by Tortceaser

6. "They're your clothes, motherfucker."
Pulp Fiction - Jules (Samuel L Jackson) - identified by Tortceaser

7. "So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?"
Spiderman 2 - Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) - identified by Kristin

8. "I’m going to my room, where it’s not so…(looking at stepdad)…I don’t know…stupid."
Big Trouble - Jenny Herk (Zooey Deschanel) - identified by X-Tina

9. "Yeah, well I'm taller."
Speed - Jack Traven (Keanu Reeves) identified by Johnny Utah
- FYI - this is also my preferred line of choice after decapitating my enemies

10. "You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different."
X-Men 2 - Magneto (Ian McKellen) - identified by Andy, though much later than I would have figured

11. "Technically, it's a ferret."
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Alastor Moody [actually Barty Crouch Jr] (Brendan Gleeson) - identified by Kristin

Bonus, just for fun:

12. "No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks."
Office Space - Michael Bolton (David Herman) - identified by Andy

13. "Yippie-ki-yay, motherfucker!"
Die Hard - John McClane (Bruce Willis) - identified by Tortceaser

9 comments:

tortcaesar said...

#4: The Matrix Reloaded, the Merovingian

#5: Batman Begins, Ducard/Liam Neeson

#6: Pulp Fiction (?)

#13: Die Hard

Good movies...

Ismael Tapia II said...

2. Super Troopers - Arkot Ramathorn (Jay Chandrakaokasdfjoiajsozzaosafjoasdifasdfaar)
3. Serenity - the assassin guy.
12. Office Space - Michael Bolton.
11. The Big Lebowski?

Vice said...

All correct, except 11. Kristin got that one in person, so I'll update the list...

Ismael Tapia II said...

goddamnit! How the hell did I miss a Harry Potter one?

Johnny Utah said...

#9 Keanu Reeves in Speed.

Ismael Tapia II said...

Goddamnit. #10 is Magneto from X2.

The Couchess said...

Pretty sure no. 8 is "Big Trouble"

Vice said...

Please tell me someone can get number 1. This is from one of the absolute classics.

Vice said...

Oh, my sweet dick! Somebody got it.