Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Your Move, Funkmaster

Big news from the business and technology department. My two year contract for my phone expired recently, and as my first paycheck for the summer was about to arrive, I decided to procure a new phone. I didn't know what to get; all I'm really interested among the newfangledness of phones today is the ringtones. I gotsta be rockin' me some fly-ass ringtones, mmm hmm. And I know the RAZR is good for ringtones. But at my store, it was by far the most expensive, despite a $100 mail-in rebate. Since I didn't have the requisite coin in hand yet, I figured I'd just go for something basic and affordable. So I got the updated model of what I already had, and it was decent. (Especially because the thing actually charged when I plugged it in, unlike some other piece of $&%# phones that shall remain nameless, specifically my last phone) The ringtones were still an issue - I knew with a RAZR you could use a data cable or bluetooth to download real songs from your computer/Ipod; with this phone I would have to buy them, and I would be limited to the selection they had, which I discovered was piss poor. So, blah blah blah, I had a new phone.

But then hope arrived in the form of a $350 check which I hadn't been expecting for a month yet. Long story short, I said fuck everything, and exchanged my phone for the RAZR. This makes me the third member of MZRM to rock the RAZR, which I'd say makes it the official phone of the firm that takes badassery to a whole new level, and then thrashes its ass with an electric spike whip. This leaves you, Utah. Not that I bought it because thats what all the cool people are doing. I bought it because it was the only one that really stood out from the other new phones, except for one that had a weird sliding feature. The problem was the keys were still exposed; not a big deal, but I don't want to mess around with keyguard. Having to lock and unlock the keys every time I need to make a call takes away precious seconds, and every second counts when you absolutely need to call everyone to tell them about Utah's latest showdown/robbing by/robbing of/fistfight with a homeless person and/or racoon, or you covertly dial Madd0g's phone just to hear your own ringtone going off.

I've gotta say, this purchase feels pretty good. I don't usually go all out with accessories and top of the line personal items, but I put some thought into it -- I only get a phone every two years. It should be a major step up each time, right? Why get something that's just marginally better than the last one? And then there's the simple fact that I was too good for the first new phone. Hence, RAZR, which is very possibly too good for me.

Now, to hook up some tones. The question becomes this: which of you wants their personal ringer to be "Pimp Juice" by Nelly?

3 comments:

RPM said...

I feel like I just walked in on my wife with another man.

Not just a man, a midget. Oh, the betrayal.

Vice said...

Oh snap! I was going to make that reference, but I completely forgot. Thanks for bringing back the classics.

Ismael Tapia II said...

Hey, listen, man, at least this isn't as bad as Pearl Harbor.