Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Infiltration

Is it weird that Lord of the Rings characters seem to be popping up in my everyday life? On my way home from work today, I spotted Saruman standing on the sidewalk on Gorham street. His hair was still shock white, and there was some graying in his beard; it looked like he had cut it a little in back, but it was definitely him. He was looking a little worse for the wear; gone were the stately white robes, replaced by the quasi-homeless army green jacket and brown pants. But I imagine that after getting kicked outta Dodge by the Ents and no longer being funded by Sarun & co., his financial prospects might not be looking so hot.

I guess it's not that strange to see him; after all, I've been learning sentencing from Gollum for the past 5 weeks. Good to see he didn't let the fires of Mt. Doom keep him down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samwise Gamgee actually sits across the table from me in that class.

Vice said...

I think I know who you're referring to...if it's the guy I'm thinking of, then he must have lost a little weight and taken a shower since his movie days.

Also, apparently I misspelled Sauron in my post. All apologies to the Dark Lord. Please don't kill me.

Ismael Tapia II said...

I was going to point out your misspelling of Sauron, but figured that would be way too nerdy.

Anonymous said...

That's why I brought it up over lunch instead of commenting. And then decided to out myself anyways.

Ismael Tapia II said...

Ha! I knew it was you!

I totally win the LotR nerd of the day award, though. Today I made the following analogy:
"Tempe, AZ is to douchebags as Isengard is to orcs."

I rule.

RPM said...

Wow, I can't compete with that display of nerding. I did see Gollum walking on the library mall yesterday, and even more in the spirit of this post, I recently came across a random photo of the mountains in New Zealand that were used to represent Mordor.