Thursday, April 12, 2007

For Realz

That Guy on State Street: "Hey, do you have a minute to help fight global warming?"

My response: "Not really."

What I wanted to say: "Hellz yeah! Let's make this a real fight though, know what I'm saying? I'm talking sabotage, espionage, maybe a little genocide-age. You show me your arsenal, I'll show you mine. It's past time we break a foot off in global warming's ass! You say the word, and its on! Shit's about to get real for realz, homey. I'ma cop me a rocket launcher, climb up a tree, and bust a cap in the sun's greenhouse gas-spewing grill, muthafucka!"

Sad thing is, I used to be That Guy, for one week in June, 2005. For the money, not the cause. So when I held my tongue today, it was because of whatever enemies might be lurking, not because I relate. Fuck That Guy.

No comments: