Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some People Are Just Too Incompetent to Drink Coffee

I'm not a coffee drinker. I tried it when I was younger, and the taste put me off of it, much like beer. So I never got hooked on caffeine, and I pretty much avoided coffee. Then once I got handed a free sample of a Starbucks Mocha Frappucino, and it was damn tasty. So from then on, whenever I found myself having to be at a coffee shop, at least I had something I could order. I still never got coffee from gas stations or at restaurants, because I liked soda better. Then I started getting the Starbucks frappucino bottles every once in awhile when I wanted something different, and they were okay. Since then, I've had a cup of coffee on occasion, and I find that its not that bad. An acquired taste, much like beer. Still, not my drink of choice.

But today, for some reason, I felt like coffee, and decided to get it from a gas station. I've never gotten coffee from a gas station before; I've had it when other people brew it, or in a coffee shop, or in a restaurant, but never somewhere where I had to choose what I wanted, pour it myself, and mix it myself.

Not a big deal, right? It pretty much consists of pouring coffee into the cup. Simplest thing in the world. And who am I? I'm 24 years old. I'm a law student, about to graduate, about to become a professional. Beyond that, I'm a ninja. Stealthy, coordinated, and graceful. I can kill an antelope from 300 yards away with little more than my piercing gaze. Sure as hell I can pour myself a cup of coffee. Well, I'd just never done it, so it was new to me.

So I did it. I chose french vanilla. I poured the coffee, added the cream, and grabbed a lid, and proceeded to put the lid on.

And dumped it all over the counter, on the floor, and on myself.

Life can be humbling sometimes.

1 comment:

CawfeeGuy said...

y'should've started with Training Coffee: espresso. it's a smaller cup and only requires sugar.

great blog :)