Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Reason To Watch Heroes Again

Last year's abysmal season finale of Heroes left many of us contemplating whether we would even watch the next season, or at least left us looking forward to the season with a disinterest bordering on complete apathy. For one thing, they were rumored to not be starting the season until January or February like many other serialized shows (Lost, Battlestar Galactica, 24, Your Mom's a Horcrux, etc.). Apparently that's changed, and they will be starting up this fall again, but still....I, for one, was losing interest real fast.


Now, however, I have a reason to watch. Heroes has announced that they have just added Kristen Bell to the cast as an enigmatic new character. For those of you unaware, Kristen Bell was the titular star of the recently cancelled series Veronica Mars. She also happens to be my favorite actress on television. Or possibly anywhere, for that matter. For starters, she has serious acting ability, and can be play anguished and dramatic equally well as hilarious and goofballish. She's got mad sarcasm skillz, and is damn cute to boot.

So, you can bet I'll be watching when Heroes picks back up for Season 2. Let's just hope they give Bell a character worth playing, and the viewers an apology for spitting on us during the finale.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, remember my idea for the first season finale? Well, the fucking writers didn't listen, but, given this news, all I can say is that they'd be crazy to reject my propsal for the second-season finale.

Vice said...

You know, I think your idea for the first season finale actually may have been better than what the writers came up with. Assuming, of course, there were a few tastefully placed black boxes. In fact, one comprehensive black box to cover...oh, let's say, you...could work pretty well.

Not that I have a problem with your idea. I mean, more power to you, and you'll still have the benefit of having filmed the scene, plus the countless retakes. I'm just saying, there are certain things I'd rather not see...