Friday, January 25, 2008

IRS (Income-Raping Scavengers)

The IRS has decided to rape me. Higher tax bracket my ass. If that's the case, why don't I have any more money than I used to? I haven't been spending any more than I used to. I guess there's a major difference in taxation between "poor" and "slightly less poor."

Now I will have to start making quarterly estimated tax payments in earnest. Something about the "time value of money," so the IRS decides it needs it before I actually make it. Well that's great, considering SPD doesn't pay me until two-three weeks after the case is closed, which is generally three months after I start it. So, to review, here is my taxation/income chronology:

1. I pay the IRS on income I haven't made yet
2. I do the work
3. I get the income on work I did months ago and paid taxes on several months ago

Here's a question - where the fuck is my "time value of money?"

2 comments:

RPM said...

Preemptive taxing is pretty bad ass for governance. Since you're clearly going to rake in $5 billion next quarter, that will be $2 billion please. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of stuff that makes me think maybe switching to a national sales tax wouldn't be the dumbest idea.