Monday, October 16, 2006

One More Year

Thanks to everyone who came along to Devil's Lake to celebrate my birthday yesterday, and those who would have been there if not for an avalanche of work. I had a great time, and I hope you all did too.

Turning 24 is not the biggest deal in itself, except that it means I am one year away from being able to run for Congress. One year away from storming Washington, advocating a bold policy of concealed-machete laws, a movement toward developing giant lasers in space that can shoot hippies from light-years away, and a dramatic increase in hovercraft production.

All of which puts me only two years away from resigning in disgrace, retiring to a hut somewhere in the mountains, where I can be that bat-shit crazy old coot who used to be somebody important, and now just shoots at people who get too close to his possum traps.

Oh, the achingly sluggish passage of time.

3 comments:

Johnny Utah said...

I'll vote for you, but only if you agree to legalize rhinoceri as forms of transportations.

Ismael Tapia II said...

Hey, man, sorry again for missing your birthday. I was really disappointed and I felt terrible, but I'm glad you had a great day.

This just means we'll have to party for two on Kristin's birthday.

Vice said...

I'm completely down with eliminating the bike lanes across the city in favor of rhinorceri lanes.