Thursday, October 12, 2006

Resolved: More Skipping Class

Sitting in my Ethical Issues in Prosecution class right now. Today we've got a speaker. Some guy talking about ethics and integrity, how the rule of law is our religion in America, and some shit. Next I've got my Criminal Litigation class, where (for some ungodly reason) we've got two people coming in to talk about immigration issues. Nothing in the class description mentioned we'd be dealing with this. We don't have any assignments; just some hypothetical to read and be able to discuss. If I ever face an immigration issue in practice, there's just one line I need to know - "They tuk er jaabs!" Is class attendance graded? Hell if I know. Think I might just immigrate my ass back to my apartment and watch television, make up stories involving decapitating zombies, do something productive.

Oh look, dude's got some diagrams on the board. It's a circle formed by two curved lines representing me and my profession. They go round and round. What's it mean, buddy? I affect my job, my job affects me. Right. Pardon me while I pack up my shit and leave the room.

Fact is, I've only skipped one class this fall. I missed another one, but that time I had a legitimate class-related excuse. Clearly, I've been lax in my skipping duties. I hate falling so far behind this early in the semester.

Fuck it. Ho Chunk.

No comments: