Thursday, October 19, 2006

Onward and Upward?

Let's take a moment to marvel at the breathtakingly progressive changes happening here at the UW. First we had our ultra-efficient new transcript system, which proved to be neither 1) efficient, 2) beneficial, or 3) functional. Now the U-dub sends me an email saying I need to change my NetID password, because the old passwords are not secure. So I change it. The result? I can no longer access my email.

So at this rate, next week we should be switching from our apparently steam tunnel related heating system to a cutting-edge solar panel energy system, just in time for winter. This way we no longer have to suffer through those 50* temps, and can look forward to each classroom being set at a balmy 18*.

1 comment:

RPM said...

The two problems weren't connected as far as I could see. I already have numbers in my password, so I didn't get the insecurity email. However, I still didn't have any email functionality this morning.

In summary, the email servers just suck, whether or not your password sucks.