Friday, March 09, 2007

Poo Flingers

I've been conducting a search of the average sentences for a certain crime handed out in Dane County recently, and have been looking through all of the felony cases charged for a certain year to do so. (Note: There may very well be a much easier way to do this, but this is how I roll - slowly, tediously, and inefficiently.) I've run across several strange charges, such as "Mayhem," "Theft From a Corpse," and "Go Armed With Firearm While Intoxicated," but my favorite by far would have to be:

Prisoner Throw/Expel Bodily Substances

Seriously, that crime was charged probably 6 times in 2005. Seeing it again this morning reminded me of a quote from last night. Kristin and I had squared off in a game of Sequence, and our cards had become increasingly useless during one game. Having become particularly frustrated, at one point Kristin looked up and said "If I were a monkey, I'd be flinging poo right now."

Indeed.

No comments: