Thursday, July 12, 2007

How Do I Get That Job?

Next to being His L-Ness, playing World of Warcraft, Online poker, and doing just about whatever he feels like at any given time, I'd have to say the second best job might have to be working at the Division of Juvenile Corrections. Their office is only staffed weekdays from 8:30-11:30 am (15 hours a week). I've called there before around 11:15 am and got no answer. Today I called at 10:20 am, and also got no answer. So, when your office is open only 15 hours a week and no one's there to answer the phones, what the hell are they actually doing? And how can I get in on that racket?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The hours at all those ridiculous state agencies are, well, ridiculous. I remember trying to get in touch with the Register of Deeds last summer--you had to call sometime between 8 and 11 and 1 and 4. That's a two-hour lunchbreak and they leave at 4pm. Crazy shit.

Of course, they were right down the street from my office, but that would have required going outside. And, really, fuck that.

Being a low-level state employee doesn't sound too bad. Unless, you know, you want to be able to feed yourself.