Thursday, July 19, 2007

Score!

So while the State is working on its appeal of the dismissal in that big case I've mentioned, I took a moment to look at some of the other charges, which seemed pretty much indefensible. Lo and behold, I found a little problem with one -- a fairly subtle twist on one of the elements, because the case law actually narrowed the statutory language quite a bit. To the point where our client didn't actually do what the statute was designed to prohibit.

Last week I knocked out a motion to dismiss, and this week we found out the State moved to dismiss the charge without a fight.

Boo-yah, bitches! (Oh yes, I'm taking boo-yah back.)

For those of you keeping score at home, that's 3 out of 6 charges dismissed.

1 comment:

Deck Contractors San Mateo said...

Nice blog thanks for possting