Friday, May 11, 2007

And the Horse You Rode In On

Here's a big fat middle finger the Board of Bar Examiners. I got a letter back today saying the Board has decided I have the requisite character and fitness to practice law in Wisconsin. Great. So at least that process is over, assuming the Dean says I passed my classes. Now all I have to do is bring a photo ID to the swearing-in ceremony, as well as...

A fat check for $100.

Um, extortion much? What the hell happened to the money I already paid them? I checked -- apparently the first $210 (or $310, for those of us who missed the initial deadline) was a "filing fee," while this next $100 is the "admission fee." Awesome. Not like I have any choice in the matter, is it?

Here's looking forward to the inevitable "swearing in fee" of $55 and the "congratulations, you've been a member of the bar for 3 months fee" of $375, and the "No really, pay us or you'll never work in this state again fee" of $750,000...

No comments: