Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hunting

Apparently Vice isn't the only one who's been apartment hunting lately. Last week Thursday KH and I purused another pretty nice place, and checked out the various layouts of their rooms. After looking at one particularly nice apartment, she noticed someone else scoping out the same apartment from the balcony - a giant falcon.

That's right - among the many amenities of this place, giant falcons come standard. He was just sitting on the railing, staring in at us like "I dare you to come out here, motherfucker. I double-dare you." Don't get me wrong, normally I wouldn't hesitate to roundhouse some greedy-ass animal standing on my potential balcony looking at my potential apartment, especially since normally that animal would be a racoon.

But this was no coon. This was probably two feet tall, with talons longer than my fingers. It sat there with no fear whatsoever and stared us down. It may as well have had a sign hung around its neck advising "Not to be fucked with."

So, by the looks of it, I'm gonna have to take up falconry if I want to live there. That, or get my eyes pecked out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, if you joined the World, you could learn to tame falcons--and Cougars, like Mr. Utah.