Thursday, March 30, 2006

Success!

I'm pleased to announce the emergency surgery on Zombie Rehnquist, a "comedy" sketch for our upcoming Law Revue variety show, was a complete success. As anyone who had the misfortune of reading it or hearing it performed will attest, that sketch was an unmitigated disaster waiting to happen. Even the first attempt by our show director did little to improve it. But I had an idea to completely revamp it, one which actually kept me up until 4am Tuesday night because ideas kept coming to me when I was trying to fall asleep. I ended up having to skip classes the next morning because I was too tired to go anywhere and I wanted to finish putting it together. But I finished it and sent it off for review, and we did our first read-through last night at rehearsal. Judging by the amount of laughter it received, as well as one joke that actually made everyone stop and applaud (which was, quite simply, the greatest feeling ever), the new version is leaps and bounds above the old.

All in all, the entire show is looking pretty good, especially without the gaping black hole that was Zombie Rehnquist. The other shows that were a little iffy are starting to gel, and the shows that were pretty good before are looking great. I won't go so far as to say it will be better than last year, which I thought was really good, but if we can perform it well, it should be awesome.

(Points to genitals)

1 comment:

RPM said...

Yeah, you brought that one back from the living dead, great job. If only we can make the blonde conservative funny...

For those curious about the show, this is my contribution:

[accentuates groin] [repeats]
[points to genitals] [repeats]
[accentuates groin] [repeats]
[points to genitals again]
[exit stage right]