Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cause and Effect?

Paradigms are shifting at the Vice camp, and a new line of thought has evolved. Call it the ultimate post hoc ergo propter hoc moment if you will, but hear me out. Maybe I've been going about this dietary conflict all wrong. For months I believed that the animal crackers were my enemy. Then, after extirpating the alleged animal cracker menace successfully (animal cracker free for roughly three weeks now), my stomach mounted a debilitating offensive, putting me in almost constant pain after every meal.

Coincidence? I'm not so sure. The simple answer could be animal cracker withdrawals, in which case it should lessen over time, and I should continue to fight the good fight. A more complex possibility is I now suffer from animal cracker deficiancy, and my stomach is acting as a victim rather than a combatant. The third answer is that one has nothing to do with the other, and I'm retarded.

I'm going to give this some serious thought. Rumors of an all-animal cracker diet have even surface, at least for a trial run. I could always add some things, such as peanut butter for protein, orange juice for fruit, and cake for the cake department. This will remain on hold for now, but it's a possibility.

I will give the vegetablization approach its chance, and if this doesn't work, all bets are off.

No comments: